Getting started part 2: Edit and publish scene by Viz4D Editor
This part will show you how to use the Viz4D Editor for editing and publishing.
Step 1. Open Editor
There are two methods to open the Viz4D Editor and you can re-edit your scene at any time:
- The first method is in 3dsMax:
After processes have been completed. The window below will appear:
Step 2. Creating reflection
Using reflection probe to create reflection. The reflection probe is a sphere that captures a 360° image. The captured image is stored as a cubemap, which is used for reflection.
Add a reflection probe
- Click the “Add new” button to create a probe.
- The blue box is the projection box of the reflection probe. The image that the reflection probe captured will be used as reflection for all objects in projection box.
- Use “Position” and “Proj. box size” to adjust the projection box until the faces of the box touch the walls, the ceiling, and the floor. If there are many rooms, then 1 box for each room.
See more details here:
Step 3. Adjusting lightmap and post-processing
- Adjust the whole scene’s lightmap contrast and lightmap exposure. Then edit post-processing like highlight compress, exposure, LUT, sharpness, bloom, …
- You can adjust lightmap of each object when the light of object is too bright, too dark or low contrast:
Step 4. Increasing quality level of mesh if needed
Sometimes your mesh can occur problems like being over-optimized or having black spots or stretched UV. You need to increase the quality level of mesh. For example:
(optional) Increasing resolution of texture
- When you want high resolution texture, you can increase the resolution of texture.
- You can upload a new texture or video if you want.
Step 5. (optional) Creating hotspot, configurator, tour
Step 6. Edit info of scene and visibility
Step 7. Save scene
Click the “Save scene” button at the bottom right of the screen.
Congratulations! 🎉🎉 That's all you have to do to take your design from 3dsMax to the browser. Which allowing your customers to interact with your design using any device without download anything.
On this page
- Getting started part 2: Edit and publish scene by Viz4D Editor
- Step 1. Open Editor
- Step 2. Creating reflection
- Add a reflection probe
- Step 3. Adjusting lightmap and post-processing
- Step 4. Increasing quality level of mesh if needed
- (optional) Increasing resolution of texture
- Step 5. (optional) Creating hotspot, configurator, tour
- Step 6. Edit info of scene and visibility
- Step 7. Save scene